1. Showers are permitted, but when drying off gently pat dry the affected area. Do not rub the affected area with a towel or wash cloth as the area is extremely delicate while the area is healing.
2. Any discomfort you may have (usually not lasting more than 6 hours) can be relieved with Tylenol.
3. If you have a medical condition that requiring aspirin, please continue taking your medication as directed by your physician. Otherwise do not ingest aspirin, aspirin-containing medicines, or alcohol during the healing phase for some of the lasers, especially lasers treating blood vessels because it may increase the risk of bruising.
4. If swelling occurs, an ice pack can be applied to the area. The ice pack should be wrapped in a soft cloth and applied to the treated area for 10-15 minutes each hour for 4 hours- 24 hours as needed.
5. Do not tan the treated area. Use a sunscreen daily with SPF 15 or greater throughout your course of treatment.
6. Avoid swimming and contact sports while the skin is healing.
7. If you desire make-up application on the area, please advise our staff.
8. If you develop a cold sore or crusted area please call Dr. Waibel.
The treated area is extremely delicate and must be treated with care while healing is taking place.