Restylane® is a dermal filler developed to add volume to the skin around the mouth and nose reducing the appearance of lines and folds that come with age. Whether they are nasolabial folds from the nose to the mouth or vertical lines around the lips, a Restylane® product can restore a smoother complexion.
Each of the Restylane® products contain NASHA, a non-animal derived hyaluronic acid in a crystal clear injectable gel. When injected, the hyaluronic acid attracts water increasing the skin’s volume.
At Miami Dermatology and Laser Institute, we offer the following Restylane® dermal fillers:
- Restylane® Silk – Restylane® Silk is a fine line filler. It contains smaller particles and is typically used to treat fine lines and wrinkles on the face, especially those around the lips as well as plumping and defining the lips. Restylane® Silk is often used to add subtle and natural volume to lips that have gotten thin with age.
- Restylane® Lyft – Formerly called Perlane®, Restylane® Lyft does just what its name implies – lifts sagging skin around the midface area. As people age, the cheek area begins to look hollowed or sunken in. Restylane® Lyft restores the volume in the midface area creating a slightly fuller face with a smooth complexion.
- Restylane® Defyne – One of the newest additions to the Restylane® family, Restylane® Defyne treats the deeper folds and creases around the mouth and nose to add volume to the skin that tends to pull the whole facial expression down. It corrects more severe lines as well and does all of this without changing facial movement, leaving a natural, more youthful look.
- Restylane® Refyne – Similar to Defyne, Restylane® Refyne treats folds, creases and lines but those that are not as severe or deep. It can also treat more delicate lines because it is a softer gel filler. It also corrects imperfections without altering the facial expression.
Benefits of Restylane®
Restylane® dermal fillers are often chosen for correcting the signs of aging because they offer the following benefits:
- FDA approved for treating specific skin imperfections
- Little to no risk of adverse reaction
- Contains lidocaine to prevent any discomfort
- Long-lasting results
- No downtime or recovery
How is Restylane® Administered?
Restylane® is injected into the targeted are with a fine-gauge needle. Once injected, the dermatologist massages the filler around the targeted area to ensure it is evenly spread. One of the major benefits is that Restylane® contains lidocaine to prevent any discomfort during the injection. Treatment sessions typically take about 30 minutes to complete.
What Should I Expect from Restylane®?
The Restylane® family of products are classified as temporary fillers and typically last approximately six to 12 months and longer in some cases. As Restylane® or Restylane® Lyft filler breaks down, the remaining filler attracts water to the area in need of wrinkle correction, creating persistent wrinkle and facial fold correction. Because of this, it may take a few weeks for the full results from the injections to be fully visible. The results from Restylane® typically last between six and 12 months and usually require repeat treatments to maintain the results.
Am I a Good Candidate for Restylane®?
If you have significant lines, folds or creases, especially around the mouth, or have lost facial volume, you may be a good candidate for Restylane®. Our expert board-certified dermatologists at Miami Laser and Dermatology Institute discuss the best option for each patient during a consultation.
At Miami Dermatology and Laser Institute, Jill Waibel, MD, FAAD, a board-certified dermatologist, offers Restylane® to people living in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Kendall, FL, as well as nearby cities, to restore a smoother complexion and younger-looking appearance. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.