The more prominent signs of aging appear around the mouth and nose leaving a permanent unhappy expression. Jill Waibel, MD, FAAD, a board-certified dermatologist at Miami Dermatology and Laser Institute diminishes or eliminates the deep lines and folds around the mouth on people living in and around Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Kendall, FL, with Restylane® to restore a pleasant and younger-looking appearance.
What is Restylane®?
Restylane® is a dermal filler developed to add volume to the skin around the mouth and nose reducing the appearance of lines and folds that come with age. Whether they are nasolabial folds from the nose to the mouth or vertical lines around the lips, a Restylane® product can restore a smoother complexion.
Each of the Restylane® products contain NASHA, a non-animal derived hyaluronic acid in a crystal clear injectable gel. When injected, the hyaluronic acid attracts water increasing the skin’s volume.
At Miami Dermatology and Laser Institute, we offer the following Restylane® dermal fillers:
- Restylane® Silk – Restylane® Silk is a fine line filler. It contains smaller particles and is typically used to treat fine lines and wrinkles on the face, especially those around the lips as well as plumping and defining the lips. Restylane® Silk is often used to add subtle and natural volume to lips that have gotten thin with age.
- Restylane® Lyft – Formerly called Perlane®, Restylane® Lyft does just what its name implies – lifts sagging skin around the midface area. As people age, the cheek area begins to look hollowed or sunken in. Restylane® Lyft restores the volume in the midface area creating a slightly fuller face with a smooth complexion.
- Restylane® Defyne – One of the newest additions to the Restylane® family, Restylane® Defyne treats the deeper folds and creases around the mouth and nose to add volume to the skin that tends to pull the whole facial expression down. It corrects more severe lines as well and does all of this without changing facial movement, leaving a natural, more youthful look.
- Restylane® Refyne – Similar to Defyne, Restylane® Refyne treats folds, creases and lines but those that are not as severe or deep. It can also treat more delicate lines because it is a softer gel filler. It also corrects imperfections without altering the facial expression.
Benefits of Restylane®
Restylane® dermal fillers are often chosen for correcting the signs of aging because they offer the following benefits:
- FDA approved for treating specific skin imperfections
- Little to no risk of adverse reaction
- Contains lidocaine to prevent any discomfort
- Long-lasting results
- No downtime or recovery